The GloQube® Plus is a cost-effective, compact and easy to use glow discharge system, designed to fulfil the needs of laboratories with TEM.
The primary application of the GloQube® Plus is to modify the surface of TEM grids in a way that it meets requirements for successful imaging of a variety of macromolecules. Integrated into one system, the two chambers enable the user
maximum flexibility to choose which sample preparation technique they want to use: glow discharge in-air or in-chemical vapour, without downtime for cleaning or the risk of contamination and loss of samples.
The in-chemical vapour glow discharge doesn’t just help with retaining molecules on the TEM grids, but it also allows the user to control the orientation and conformation. With automatic vapour control, the system ensures accurate concentrations of chemical vapour in the plasma, producing reliable and reproducible results.
Two chambers designed into one easy to use package provides a smaller footprint for the workflow space and no cross-contamination between the chambers.
- Short in-air cycle time
- Second chamber for separating in-air and in-vapour processes
- No cross-contamination between chambers due to post-process flush cycle
- Automatic vapour delivery ensures reliable and reproducible results
- Purge cycles reduce water vapour and oxygen concentrations, ensuring excellent yield of specifically orientated macromolecules
- Adjustable slow vent time to minimise sample disturbance
- Optional fast vent for rapid process times
- Safe handling of reagent
- Three level adjustable height sample stage ensures repeatable results
- Hydrophilisation and cleaning of TEM grids carbon support films* for better sample spreading
- Improved adhesion and orientation of proteins, nucleic acids and antibodies
- TEM grid preparation for nanoparticle studies
* Typically: Formvar®, Lacey Carbon, Holey Carbon, Continuous Carbon, Quantifoil®