- This event has passed.
Coffee Talks with Dr Anna Walkiewicz – The Scary Vacuum 14th September
September 14, 2022 @ 11:00 am - 11:30 am BST
In this series Dr Anna Walkiewicz, the Quorum Application Specialist, will talk about different processes within the sample preparation workflow and breaking them down into simple steps, solving common problems and looking at how to improve efficiency and efficacy.
The first coffee talk, The Scary Vacuum, will be addressing issues regarding the vacuum: why do we need to consider if our samples are sensitive to the change of pressure and how they will behave in the vacuum environment. Dr Anna Walkiewicz will be giving advice how to prepare samples in the correct way, so we see their natural appearance rather than an outcome of the pressure change modifying their morphology.
Other episodes and dates:
- CT02 – Dehydration – 28th September – Why is it so important? Why do we dehydrate samples? Do we need to do anything before dehydration? Means of tissue fixation.
- CT03 – Critical Point Drying – 12th October – is it really so complex?
- CT04 – Mounting samples – 26th October – Exposing the most relevant parts of the samples. Coating – why do we coat samples?
- CT05 – Coating for SEM – 9th Nov – What do we use for coating and when? Vacuum level, metal choice, thickness.
Register your place for 14th September below
(Delegates joining from Asia please select VooV)
- September 14, 2022
11:00 am - 11:30 am BST
- Event Category:
- Event Tags:
- CPD, Critical point drying, Sample Preparation, Sputter Coating, vacuum
- Quorum Technologies